Citric Acid Anhydrous Specifications
|Name||Citric Acid Anhydrous|
|Specification||BP 98 / USP 24|
|Packing||In 25kg paper bags|
|Functional use||Acidity regulator|
|Appearance||White crystals or crystalline powder|
|Clarity and color of Solution||Conforms|
|Assay||99.5 - 101.0%|
|Chloride(Cl)||50 ppm max|
|Sulfate(SO42-)||150 ppm max|
|Loss on drying||1% max|
|Heavy metals(Pb)||10 ppm max|
|Iron||50 ppm max|
|Calcium||200 ppm max|
|Oxalate||350 ppm max|
|Sulfated ash||0.10% max|
|Readily carbonisable substances||Conforms|
1. Mainly used as a food sour agent, also used in the preparation of pharmaceutical cooler, detergent additives, etc.
2. Used as a reagent, chromatographic analysis reagent and biochemical reagent, and can also be used to buffer preparation. For the food industry in particular, as acidifying agent, pH buffer, and other compounds together to preserve the agent. In detergent industry, it is the ideal substitute for phosphate. Acid pickling of boiler chemical cleaning agent, boiler chemical cleaning and rinsing agent. Mainly used in food sour agent, but also for the preparation of pharmaceutical freshener detergent.
3. Citric acid has much function, the most widely used for sour agent. It has higher solubility and metal ion chelating ability is strong, can be used for various types of food, according to production needs proper use. In addition, this product can also as antioxidant synergist, synergist compound potato starch bleaching agent and antiseptic.
4. Used as analytical reagent.
5. Widely used as food, drink sour agent and drug additives. Can also be used as a cosmetic, metal cleaning agent, mordant, nontoxic plasticizing agent and boiler antiscaling agent of raw materials and additives. The main salt products have citric acid sodium, calcium and ammonium salt and sodium citrate is a blood anticoagulant, ferric ammonium citrate can be blood drug.